1 Day Restorations
Digital technologies have revolutionized dentistry. One of the most
amazing technologies is CEREC. This system utilizes an in-office scanner
and milling machine to allow us to prepare, mill, and cement crowns,
onlays, and inlays **in one visit**. These restorations enhance the
strength of the tooth. Studies, as well as our personal experience, show
these restorations last for more than ten years in most cases.
Benefits to the patient:
- No temporary restorations that can come off between visits
- Fewer dental visits
- Fewer shots since procedure completed in one visit
- More natural tooth structure can often be saved
- Long lasting, biocompatible all ceramic material
How does it work?
1. The tooth is prepared for the crown/onlay and then a high quality
camera and medical grade computer are utilized to take pictures of the
2. Three-dimensional computer aided design (CAD) software is utilized to
evaluate the surrounding teeth and recommend a design for the new
3. An in-office milling machine manufactures the restoration from a solid
block of ceramic. The restoration is adjusted, polished, and cemented while
the patient waits (typically an hour and half to two hours for the entire
appointment). Steps 1-3 are completed during the same visit!
If you have a damaged tooth that would benefit from being strengthened,
ask us if CEREC technology is right for you!