You should see your dentist in Champaign, IL at least every six months or as often as you are having problems with your teeth.
Generally, if you have a healthy smile and aren’t experiencing any visible signs of trouble, such as toothaches, the American Dental Association (ADA) recommends two dental visits per year for teeth cleanings, updated dental x-rays as needed, and a thorough oral exam. These two visits should be roughly six months apart as allowed by your dental insurance or personal budget.
For many people, however, seeing the dentist more than twice per year is best. For example, we would like to see you for more frequent dental cleanings in Champaign, IL if you:
- Are genetically prone to weak or “bad” teeth and have a family history of cavities despite excellent oral hygiene
- Have any stage of periodontal disease
- Are experiencing sensitivity or pain around a specific tooth or teeth
- Smoke cigarettes or cigars
- Are not a regular tooth brusher or flosser
- Haven’t been to the dentist in a long time and are just getting back into the habit
Visit Our Dentist in Champaign, IL Regularly
If any of these scenarios apply to you, you may benefit from seeing our dental team three to four times each year rather than the standard two. Visiting our dental office more regularly gives us a chance to periodically remove tartar from your teeth and monitor any ongoing conditions, such as gum disease, that could be hurting your oral health.
To schedule your next dental cleaning in Champaign, IL, please call us at Anderson Dental today at (217) 356-7334.